Residents, neighbors and friends are invited to celebrate the eleventh annual Community Day at Tufts University on Sunday, September 29, 2013. The annual event takes place on the academic quad at Tufts’ Medford and Somerville campus and is cosponsored by the two cities.
The Office of Community Relations is a department of Tufts’ University Relations division. Community Relations creates the bridge between Tufts and its host communities of Medford, Somerville and Chinatown.
What we do at Tufts:
- Advise university departments about a wide range of opportunities and connections in our host communities and advise them on maintaining these relationships.
- Work with student organizations on community service and volunteer opportunities.
- Manage the logistics of the annual Tufts Community Appeal campaign and the Tufts Neighborhood Service Fund grant opportunity.
What we do in the community:
- Build and maintain relationships with our neighbors.
- Make university resources available to the community.
- Connect Tufts programs to specific community needs.
- Present Tufts’ annual Community Day – a celebration of our partnerships with Medford and Somerville.
- Manage the Tufts Neighbors Page – a collection of lectures, discussions, concerts, art exhibits, performances, and other Tufts campus events that are open to our neighbors. Visit the site often!