The Office of Community Relations is a department of Tufts’ University Relations division. Community Relations creates the bridge between Tufts and its host communities of Medford, Somerville and Chinatown.
What we do at Tufts:
- Advise university departments about a wide range of opportunities and connections in our host communities and advise them on maintaining these relationships.
- Work with student organizations on community service and volunteer opportunities.
- Manage the logistics of the annual Tufts Community Appeal campaign and the Tufts Neighborhood Service Fund grant opportunity.
What we do in the community:
- Build and maintain relationships with our neighbors.
- Make university resources available to the community.
- Connect Tufts programs to specific community needs.
- Present Tufts’ annual Community Day – a celebration of our partnerships with Medford and Somerville.
- Manage the Tufts Neighbors Page – a collection of lectures, discussions, concerts, art exhibits, performances, and other Tufts campus events that are open to our neighbors. Visit the site often!